Friday, 22 January 2016

single parenting!


Opinions on baby mamas and Baby Daddies!

my half cent opinion

Unless you are a single parent then I urge you to hold on to your opinion on this matter just until you have your own kids. I'm not saying your opinion doesn't matter,I'm just saying this is a very sensitive matter and while you are voicing out your opinions about such matters you must keep in mind that there are kids involved.  It's okay for baby daddies to do as they please in our society. They can get drunk every weekend and be seen with different women every single day and the society will see nothing wrong with it. But if the baby mama gets down with all that then she will be the best labelled human being in the world.  I've learned that when coming to single parenting the mother needs to be the better parent if the other parent is a wild chase.

Growing up I looked more upto my mom than my dad...He was a very hands on dad and I was his little princess. I loved him endlessly but somehow I expected flaws from him. Seeing him drunk was okay but I swear it would have been the shock of my life had I ever seen my mom drunk. I always hear people saying children are what you raise them to be...I believed the saying until i was of a certain age. See, my mom doesn't drink but I do...she has never went to clubs or tarvens but at a certain point in my life I went to those.  We are not what our parents raised us to be but we are influenced by what goes on in the society.

My mother didn't have children out of wedlock...she got married first then had kids after yet I'm a single parent. If you lose a father that has always been there for you at a young age then you grow up embarking to find a man that has a side which reminds you of your dad just to restore the joy daddy gave you before he went away, I'm living proof. Single mothers shouldn't do what run away dad's are doing just to prove a point of joy to the society and the man that got away. Do what genuinely makes you happy and make your kids a priority above all. Don't talk ill of the father to his kids because you are instilling the hate game in their head and that could ruin them forever. Do your part of parenting as best as you can and stay out of the baby daddy drama. God has blessed you with the most precious gift and that's a full time job that rewards in the purest joy and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment