Friday, 22 January 2016

Lose the baby fat.


Losing baby fat.

I'm in my mid 30's. I had my first baby when I was just a teen. I always heard older women complaining about gaining weight after giving birth but as a teen after two months of giving birth I went back to my petite figure without putting any effort. Well my grandmother forced me to tie a doek around my tummy real tight two days after giving birth because she believed it would help flatten the tummy. What she didn't know is I'd only tie it in her presence,I didn't like how uncomfortable it would feel. I gave birth and went back to my normal size without any hustles. My aunt believes it's because it's my first baby and most first time pregnancies don't do much damages or changes to the body.

Five years later I fell pregnant again and after giving birth I couldn't get off the baby fat. I had more stretch marks and my belly wasn't going back to its normal size. I then realised that body changes caused by pregnancy comes with ageing. I breastfed my baby a lot as my Doctor said it would help with losing weight. Sadly I couldn't go on any kind of diet while breastfeeding because I needed all the food I can get to be able to have enough milk. But what I realised was breastfeeding actually helped me not gain anymore weight from all the large amount of food I was indulging in. I stopped breastfeeding when my baby was two and I realised that the baby fat wasn't going anywhere. Yes, breastfeeding did help with not gaining more weight. I then joined a gym near my town and explained that I was there to lose the baby fat. My dietician gave me a diet plan specifically for losing baby fat and it helped a lot.

I went back to my normal body size slowly but surely. One thing that helped even more is mint leaves and lemon water. I don't drink normal water anymore I rely on that. I boil 5 litre of water with fresh Lemons and fresh mint leaves then leave it to cool and put it in the fridge so I drink it everytime I'm thirsty. It didn't only help with my weight but it gave me a radiant skin aswell.

No comments:

Post a Comment