Monday, 25 January 2016

Mokamole my Home.



I'm a village girl.

I'm a proud village girl,a lot of people don't believe it when I say I'm a village girl from Limpopo. I come from the village that's surounded by the most beautiful mountains. So beautiful that we even named them, Segolotlou and Phatsane. To visitors these are just stunning mountains but to the villagers these are part of us.  A sandy village that potrays peace and love. I find myself lost in beautiful thoughts as I walk in the bushes, when hunger strikes I don't yell for mom,I just look on the right and there I find Mahlatswa and I bow down to the soil on my left hand side I'm embraced by dithetswa and I know that I am home because the bushes will never let me starve. My feet starts swelling a bit and I was embraced by the flowy river of Mokamole where I put my feet in to cool down,nature massaged my feet.  I stopped next to the mmupudu tree and had three and I smiled all the way home just because mmupudu will force a smile out of a grumpy soul because it is a happy fruit from the happy village.

Ke kgatla matepe ka sepedi sa gešo when I'm at what is known to be the city of Gold. They ask why I'm not dark skinned if I'm really from Limpopo and I just walked away just because koko told me that there is beauty in silence. When I speak English they ask where I learned it. My heart says brag about the beautiful schools we have back home but my brain says myemyela and walk away. Walk into Gauteng varsities and I promise you village soul from Limpopo will feel at home because you will hear mostly the languages that you are familiar with, your pedi,your venda and your tsonga. Come now village girl don't be too dull walk into a club for just a piece of mind and you will be embraced by their xhosa,tswana and zulus. It's a nice place to be but don't forget why koko sent you to Gauteng. She and Rakgolo were once Domestic helpers there but you are there as a future somebody. Don't go back home empty handed because sassa will never be enough to buy you dreams that only money can buy. Stress less about finding a job when you are done with your studies most Gauteng people are no threats.  They are all talk but no action.

No comments:

Post a Comment